A Fresh Approach to Produce Life Extension
PrimePro® is a packaging technology designed to extend the shelf life of fresh fruits and vegetables. It extends shelf life by removing ethylene gas, a powerful plant hormone that triggers the process of ripening and decay.
Consumers know fresh produce is the key to a healthy lifestyle and demand the best-quality produce for their tables. Grocery stores want to attract customers by having top-quality fresh produce, year-round. Growers, packers and shippers are trying to increase profits and cut costs while keeping up with the constantly changing demands of a competitive marketplace. As the produce industry tries to satisfy these demands, shelf-life extension technologies become more and more important.
ARVE Error: src mismatch
src in org: https://www.dailymotion.com/embed/video/x6yywfm
src gen org: https://geo.dailymotion.com/player.html?video=x6yywfm
Growers, packers and shippers who use PrimePro® say:
- Produce arrives at its destination in top quality – appearance, texture, flavor, nutritional value and food safety are maintained at their peak
- Weight loss is minimized
- Sea or truck freight can be substituted for expensive air freight
- Higher prices can be obtained by holding produce until market conditions are in the seller’s favor
- Weaker or shoulder-season product can be exported
- Mixed truckloads become safer