Harvest containers are built to meet the most rigorous demands in industrial, food processing, and agricultural applications. These high-impact resistant HDPE structural foam, fixed wall containers are rugged and recyclable. They meet USDA/HACCP standards for food handling, and can be steam cleaned. These harvest containers are temperature resistant, UV resistant, and can be stacked up to 10 high*. They also offer compact storage, a versatile runner design, and are available in a variety of colors.
|English (U.S.) Units
|48″ x 48″ x 28″
|1,200 x 1,200 x 700 mm
|44.73″ x 44.73″ x 23.86″
|1,130 x 1,130 x 600 mm
|217 U.S. gallons, 25.4 cubic feet
|Up to 10*
|High-density polyethylene structural foam
|Replaceable — Available in short side, long side, and two-runner configurations
Color Options – 48 x 48 Bins
Our 48 x 48 Bins come in standard colors of Blue, Gray, Yellow, and White for the solid versions and in gray only for vented versions. With a minimum order quantity of two truckloads, you can customize your bins with the color of your choice. Please contact us sfor more information.
Consider these features when choosing your next bulk container:
- Longer container life – less frequent repair and replacement.
- Tough yet lightweight – move them by hand when empty.
- Stackable – patented interlocking corners allow safe stacking up to ten high.*
- Completely sanitary – can be high-pressure washed and sterilized.
- HDPE plastic – UV protected for outdoor use and fully recyclable.
- Air Curtains – available for maximizing efficiency in air drying systems.
- Meets USDA/HACCP standards for food product handling.
- More vent slots – for faster cooling and processing times.
- Smooth interior surfaces – allow a better packout.
- Does not harbor – splinters, pests, pathogens, mold or other undesirable elements like wood bins.
- Consistent, more accurate tare weight – than wood containers that absorb excess moisture and water.
- Customizable – add casters, drain plugs, drop doors, label holders, attachable lids, custom colors, and even emboss your company logo on the side.
Recommended Safe Use of harvest Containers
Designed with over 35 years of experience, this Container is ideal for harvesting, transportation, and storage of produce and general material handling. The Containers are manufactured using resins and additives that have been fully tested and comply with FDA guidelines for direct food contact.
Product specification sheets are available and should be carefully read before the Containers are used. These Harvest Containers must be used per the product specification guidelines outlined in the literature.
The HDPE Containers can be cleaned using high-pressure washers or hot water steam cleaners.
Basic Safety Guidelines:
- Heavy objects should not be dropped onto the floor of the bin as they could damage the bin floor.
- Any unauthorized alteration or modification to Containers will void any warranty and may negatively affect the structural integrity of the containers.
- Containers with damage to posts should be taken out of service and recycled.
- When cleaning or sanitizing Containers, the resistance of HDPE to degradation due to contact with chemicals used should be reviewed. Contact us for assistance.
- Containers must not be pushed over onto hard surfaces.
Harvest Containers are virtually maintenance free, and can provide many years of service when maintained in accordance with guidelines. Containers are robust, made using materials that will withstand normal usage. Containers can be stored outdoors without plastic degradation due to our excellent U.V. and A.O. stabilization systems.
With our interlocking post and runner design, consistent dimensions, and dimensional stability Containers provide crucial improvements over wood containers in space utilization and efficiency
Harvest Containers should always be stacked on hard level surfaces. Stacks should be located in an area away from personnel activity. Unauthorized individuals should be kept away from bin stacks. Exercise caution when de-stacking Harvest Containers outdoors as rainwater could accumulate in the top bin.
Repair of Damaged Containers
Minor damage is simply repaired utilizing a hot air welder and plastic welding rod. The welding rod must be HDPE. For instructions related to bin repair, contact Decade Products.
Containers can be used over a wide range of temperature environments and filled with contents that fall within these ranges – contact Decade Products for details.
Runners on Containers are replaceable. In the event of damage or extreme wear the runners should be replaced by the user. The runners on Containers are not designed to be easily removed. Contact us for instructions.
Capacity and Stack Weight Limits
Containers have been designed to perform within specific maximum load capacities and stacking tolerances which are not to be exceeded. Please refer to your product-specific specification sheet.
For safe stacking it is important that load stresses are transferred in the designed manner. Containers have been designed with posts and runners that ensure optimum bearing of loads: for save usage – consult with us before Containers are inter-stacked with wood containers or other containers.